CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- Six teams try to best it out in the semi-finals of the Laus Group of Companies (LGC) Chairman’s Cup basketball tournament in anticipated action-filled semi-games at the Bren Z. Guiao Convention Center in the City of San Fernando.
The six teams in the single round robin semis are:
- Team Light Blue (Team LGHI - representing LGHI, CGIC, LGC Car Carrier, CVRA and CFIC)
- Team White (Team Carworld Bulacan - representing Carworld Marilao and Malolos)
- Team orange (Team SUBIC-representing Carworld Subic and Ford Subic)
- Team Purple (Team BMW/Kia/Nissan-Representing BWM Pampanga, Kia Pampanga and Nissan Bataan),
- Team Navy Blue (Team Mazda/Suzuki/Volkswagen representing Mazda Pampanga, Suzuki Pampanga, Volkswagen Pampanga)
- Team Blue (Team Tarlac - representing Ford Tarlac, Carworld Tarlac and Mazda Tarlac).
The top two teams in the semi-finals will advance to the championship round for the best of three games and the chance to bag the P20,000 and championship trophy and P15,000 and P10,000 for the first and second runners up, respectively.
LGC Employee Events and Community Engagement Head Ronnel Golimlim said the tournament aims to build and develop camaraderie among LGC employees, foster team unity and spirit, competiveness, and physical fitness, develop a culture of engaged employees and have fun.
LGC chairman’s Cup basketball action is set on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with the first game reeling off at 6 p.m. and the second game at 7 p.m.
The LGC Chairman’s Cup basketball tournament is in coordination with the Bren Z. Guiao Convention Center, Pampanga Amateur Basketball Referee Association, DwRW 95.1 FM, CLTV36 and SunStar Pampanga.