Changing south Davao landscape

Marianne L. Saberon-Abalayan

HOMEGROWN property developer Escandor Development Corp. (Esdevco) is upbeat about changing the landscape of Davao City's southern area through its four-building The Enclaves Towers, the only high-rise property to be constructed in Matina, with 320 units for every 22-storey tower.

The Enclaves Towers, according to Esdevco project director Gerald Kent Garces, will rise on the newly-acquired 1.7-hectare property that is accessible through the Colonel Emilio Escandor Street or Tulip Drive in Quimpo Boulevard, Matina.

"We have to prepare for the expansion as we will build four high-rise buildings for The Enclaves Towers, that's aside from the five mid-rise buildings at The Enclaves Residences of the Matina Enclaves also located within the area. The interest of clients are very apparent that's why we have to control dominance in this area," Garces said in an interview at his Eco West Drive office.

He also said that expansion project will be packaged differently from the The Enclaves Residences, with more up-scale features, new look and new feel although it is still part of the Matina Enclaves brand that will boast of being the only property development with medium-rise and high-rise buildings, residential areas and eventually, a condotel.

The Enclaves Towers will also have a clubhouse, bigger than the existing Clubhouse at Matina Enclaves. It will have a common swimming pool but another swimming pool will also be in between two buildings solely for the use of residents in those buildings.

Each tower will have 19 residential floors and two carpark floors, a hotel-like lobby (since the Escandor Group of Companies also owns the landmark The Royal Mandaya Hotel at the very heart of the city), one service elevator, two passenger elevators, function rooms, genset facility, fire protection system, high-ceiling units, fiber optic cabling, centralized mail, 24-hour security, garbage chute and light and air ventilation.

The Enclaves Towers will also have one-bedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom units that will suit anybody's preference for exclusive and affordable living in style.

Garces added only 43 percent of the 1.7-hectare land will be developed as the remaining 57 percent will be for open spaces and roads. A commercial strip may also be included in front of the towers.

He also assured that clients will have "value for money" in their investments with the new expansion project.

"Maganda na (Appealing and) affordable, that's the general want of the public and that's our target," he said.

Garces said Building 1 (Building A) of The Enclaves Residences will start accommodating move-in by April and Building 2 (Building B) turnover is set before the year ends.

Piling for Building 3 (Building C) has started this month for turnover in 2018 while Buildings 4 (D) and 5 (E) will start construction sometime in December this year for turnover in 2019.

Across Matina Enclaves, Garcia added the Arcadia Sports Complex, the next must-visit destination for leisure, recreation and fitness, is 30 percent complete and is expected to be ready for summer next year.