Outcome of Lim’s case gives Mike Rama hope

FORMER Cebu City mayor Michael Rama is hopeful that his name will be removed soon from a list of alleged drug protectors named by President Rodrigo Duterte nearly two years ago.

This, after a Department of Justice panel resolved to dismiss the conspiracy and illegal drug trafficking case against Peter Lim, Rolando “Kerwin” Espinosa Jr. and several others for lack of evidence.

“There has been no case filed. If you cannot put up, you shut up. I don’t have to speak for them because that’s their situation but there is enough reason that the more that I should be cleared. But I’m not even asking for clearance, I am asking for de-listing,” Rama said in a phone interview. The lawyer said that justice should be served to him as the accusations did not affect him alone, but his family as well, and the de-listing is “long overdue.”

“It’s been unfair to me and I demand justice,” he said.

Rama said that he spoke on Tuesday with Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque to seek his help in arranging for an audience with the President.Rama said he also told Roque about the tarpaulin sheet with his photo that was displayed on a pedestrian overpass in Barangay Basak Pardo last month.

Rama was among 159 personalities whom President Duterte tagged as drug protectors during a speech last Aug. 7, 2016. (RVC)