MORE than 12,000 student-athletes, coaches, chaperones and delegation officials from 18 regions in the country will converge at the President Elpidio Quirino Stadium at 1 p.m. for the opening rites of the 61st Palarong Pambansa dubbed as “Championing the Spirit of Young Filipino Athletes” on April 15 to 21, 2018.
President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to be the guest speaker during the ceremony.
Western Visayas “Blue Barons” contingent will lead the participating regions in the order of parade next to the marshals and flag bearers.
All delegations will assemble at the Provincial Capitol grounds and take a short parade en route Bantay-Vigan Heritage Site-Quirino Stadium.
Following the ceremony, a Governor’s Night for selected delegation officials and guests will be held at the Vigan Convention Center.
On Monday, all games will commence at these following venues:
- Athletics – Quirino Stadium in Bantay, Ilocos Sur and University of Northern Philippines in Vigan City
- Archery – San Ildefonso Elementary School in Ilocos Sur; arnis – San Vicente Municipal gym in San Vicente, Ilocos Sur
- Badminton – Vigan City Convention Center and UNP Badminton Courts;
- Basketball – San Ildefonso Municipal covered court (elementary), Caoayan Municipal gym (secondary girls), Quirino Stadium Open Courts (3x3), and San Juan Municipal gym (secondary boys)
- Billiards – Lyric Billiards Center; boxing – Plaza Burgos in Vigan; chess – Baluarte Function Hall-A, Vigan; dance sport and aero gymnastics – NSCC Function Hall in Caoayan.
- Football - Immaculate Conception Minor Seminary (elementary and futsal) and Quirino Stadium (secondary)
- Gymnastics – Sto. Domingo Municipal gym
- Pencak silat – Barangay Tamag covered court in Vigan; Immaculate Conception School of Theology in Vigan and Quirino Stadium open courts
- Softball – Cirilo Lao Construction ground in Bantay; swimming – Quirino Stadium pool; table tennis – Philippine Science High School gym in San Ildefonso
- Taekwondo – St. Paul College gym in Bantay
- Tennis – Quirino Stadium open courts (elementary boys) and Vigan City Tennis Club (elementary girls), Sto. Domingo Tennis Courts (secondary boys)
- Volleyball – Sta. Catalina Municipal gym (elementary boys), Barangay Pantay Daya covered court (elementary girls), Barangay Poblacion gym – Sto. Domingo (secondary girls) and Quirino Stadium open courts (secondary boys)
- Wrestling – Barangay. Beddeng Laud covered court
- Wushu – Barangay-9 (Titong Singson Multi-purpose hall in Vigan.) (HGD)